Hey Everybody!

generalK

Hatching
7 Years
May 28, 2012
Hello,

My name is Logan and I just got 4 chickens today. I have never raised chickens before but I have always wanted to and I couldn't be more excited to start learning and get my chickens laying or cooking. My chickens are 4-8 weeks old. I found them on craigslist and the lady had 18 chickens all different varieties. I picked out the ones I wanted but I had to catch them myself so I just grabbed the first 4 I could get my hands on. I will be posting pictures later for all your help to figure out what kinds of chickens I have.

I have a question off the bat. Do I need to have separate compartments in my coop for each chicken?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

With only four chickens, you can probably get by with just one nest box (where they lay eggs). I have four as well, and have 1 nest box, but it is large enough for two, however, they seem to prefer one side of it over the other! Silly birds.

They will sleep/roost on a bar/2x4 or tree branch you will put across the coop. Make sure the roost is higher than the nest box.

Looking forward to your pics.

Last edited:
Hello and :welcome

If you mean for egg laying, you'll be fine with just one box with a small number of chickens. If you mean overall, they should all be ok to intermingle, especially if they've lived together up until now!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom