Hey From Middle Tennessee!

4TheCluckofIt

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2016
If there's anyone else from around the area let me know. I need people that won't look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about my little pullet. Haha

This is her. I've been calling her "little mama" in leui of a proper name. She's very much a lap chicken. We go out and hunt for bugs for a couple hours in the morning and a couple in the evening. This weekend I'm going to build a huge run (in comparison with the rather lackluster thing we have now) and get her a couple of girls around the same age. Hopefully buff orps. I think that's what she is and she's like a puppy!

My roommates got her when a day care class hatched some project eggs, but I don't think they quite knew the care they required. Hell, I didn't either, but after many hours on Google, this site, and others I think I'm pretty well equipped. She's my favorite thing and I'm going to make sure she lives the sweet life. smile.png

Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. You are certainly in the right place to talk chicken to your heart's content, without getting any strange looks! Good idea to get her a couple of friends. Be sure to search "integration" before you do.

This link will help put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
CT

If there's anyone else from around the area let me know. I need people that won't look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about my little pullet. Haha

This is her. I've been calling her "little mama" in leui of a proper name. She's very much a lap chicken. We go out and hunt for bugs for a couple hours in the morning and a couple in the evening. This weekend I'm going to build a huge run (in comparison with the rather lackluster thing we have now) and get her a couple of girls around the same age. Hopefully buff orps. I think that's what she is and she's like a puppy!

My roommates got her when a day care class hatched some project eggs, but I don't think they quite knew the care they required. Hell, I didn't either, but after many hours on Google, this site, and others I think I'm pretty well equipped. She's my favorite thing and I'm going to make sure she lives the sweet life. smile.png

Hi from Michigan! Welcome to BYC I'm glad you joined us. What breeds do you plan on getting?

Welcome to the BYC chicken bunch. If you put your state name in the search box it will pop up. You may even find other chickeners living near you.

Hey Flock Master,

I'm thinking more Buff Orps, as they seem to be pretty social from what I've read. I'd like to change it up so I'd be able to tell her apart from the newbies (She'll always be my favorite). Any other lap chicken breeds you can recommend?

I had a blue copper Marans one and she was a sweet heart, when ever I got home or came out side she would always run up to say hi or check if I brought food. Also I heard barred rocks and Cochins are good lap breeds

I had a blue copper Marans one and she was a sweet heart, when ever I got home or came out side she would always run up to say hi or check if I brought food. Also I heard barred rocks and Cochins are good lap breeds
I saw that about Cochins too. When I go look at some pullets this weekend I'll make sure to post some pics :)

Back
Top Bottom