Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Zookeeper9000, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    I did a wonderful mix of pre-done and homemade tonight, which worked out into a lovely dinner. It didn't require much labor which allowed me time to take the kids to swim at their cousin's house all afternoon.

We had:

Homemade Insalata Caprese - organic tomato from the church garden, sliced and layered with fresh mozzarella, organic basil, OO, salt, pepper, with balsamic vinegar on the table for those who wanted it.

Roasted OO, lemon, and garlic marinated Mahi Mahi (from Trader Joe's in the frozen section - VERY yummy and not expensive!).

Brown rice.

Steamed fresh green beans.

Chardonnay for the adults; milk for the kids.

2. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    tonight we had pinto beans, fried taters, saurkraut, mackerel patties and cornbread. my gosh we seem to be eating this alot lately. tomorrow is chili with leftover pinto beans. have to fix something easy I am painting my living room tomorrow. oh boy what fun!

3. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Backyard Buddies.. I saw a TJ marinated salmon, the other day.. but was afraid to try it. Since you liked the MahiMahi, I'll look for that one [​IMG]

We ate leftovers.. rotisseried chicken, steamed green beans, rice and I baked a few small sweet taters... but DH won't eat those, so I'll share them with my various exotic critters that like them [​IMG]

Tonight, I am thinking burgers.. piled high with jack and mushrooms and jalapeno slices.. maybe grilled red onion slice, too ...and homemade garlic fries ..and and and... frozen yogurt from the place I like so much, in Berkeley.. yeah! [​IMG]

4. Backyard Buddies

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Sounds yummy, Annesa's Muse! I've had the salmon from TJs as well. It's good, too, but I think I enjoy the Mahi Mahi even more. Because we eat a lot of salmon anyway it's nice to have a change with the Mahi Mahi.

It's B4D tonight. I'm not sure what it'll be - probably eggs. [​IMG]

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    DH was going to grill steak last night but DS Football activities got in the way. We ended up grabbing a burger from the local Drive Inn at 9:30! That is something we usually do once a year so it was a treat.

We will be having steak tonight as it is thawed out. So tomorrow will be our B4D!

AM your burgers sound wonderful!! [​IMG]

Most of you know my son is slightly disabled from an accident and cannot risk another head injury. He used to play football but will never be able to do so again.

Well imagine how happy he was when he received a personal letter from the HS football coach(DS will be a freshman this fall) asking him to be a manager for the team! [​IMG] He was elated!! Football camp is going on now and he is able to participate in all the activities and having a wonderful time. It makes me so happy to see him smile like that!! [​IMG]

6. Backyard Buddies

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Quote:Wow! That's just wonderful! Not only does he get to be a part of the team, but he gets to be a leader on that team. I look forward to your updates!

7. ~*B*~

~*B*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Ohio
    steak, shrimp, pasta salad, corn and peach pie

8. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    I made minestrone soup yesterday, all the vegies came from the garden.
    Tonight SO is making burgers again, this time with homemade fries and steamed zucchini. Desert will be homemade yogurt with fruit.

9. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Tonight I finally got off my arse from vacation, lol, and made dinner. My version of Shake&Bake pork chops, squash casserole (lots of cheese!) grilled zukes!

10. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    thechickenchick.. that is super awesome that your son gets to participate in something he enjoyed so much! My son plays ball, so I know how important it is to these young men. I'm a little misty.. this just made my night! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by