Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Zookeeper9000, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Grilled chicken with an apricot glaze that I found in Family Circle (best darn $2 magazine on the rack!) ..some raddichio and endive, also ...and whatever else comes to mind. Still planning...

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! The weather is beautiful here... [​IMG]

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    We had Dutch Babies for breakfast with powdered sugar, fresh blueberries and kiwi, and melted butter. And juice, coffee. Nice light breakfast, easy to make, uses lots of eggs.

3. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    Pork ribs for supper, probably potato salad, green beans. DH will probably bbq them:fl

Monica

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:What are Dutch Babies? [​IMG]

5. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    tonight it is pork chops, mixed veggies and rice a roni quick throw together here. well got to go finish cooking

6. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Dutch Babies are like Dutch pancakes; they have flour, eggs, butter and milk in em, basically that's it. Let's see, here's the recipe

4 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    3 TBSP melted butter
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 cup flour

Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl, then add the flour in parts, whisking in between, til smooth. Add milk, in two or three parts, same way. Then whisk in butter, add salt.. In the meantime, take two 9 inch pie plates and put about two tbsp butter in each, place in preheating oven, to melt. When batter is done, split it between the two pie plates, place in hot oven to cook for 15 minutes. Then lower oven temp to 350, cook for another 5 minutes. Cut each baby in fourths, serve with fresh fruit, melted butter, powdered sugar, and/ or sour cream, if you want. They will be strange looking but the family likes them! There are all kinds of variations of this recipe, if you look on line, they all seem to work.

This one serves about 4.

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Thanks for the Dutch Babie recipe chicknmania. I am going to do that on wed. Breakfast for dinner night!

We are having my in-laws out for supper. DH will do drunken chicken, We will have baked potatoes and homemade sourdough bread. The rest of the chocolate cake for dessert.

Gee, I can't figure out why my shorts are getting to tight! [​IMG]

8. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    We make Dutch Babies as well, chicknmania! We do them two different ways - the way you make them but with powdered sugar and fresh squeezed lemon, and the other is to make the same batter but add a couple more T of flour. Then top with peeled, cored, sliced apples and a good layer of cinnamon/sugar mixture. Nothing else is needed with that one.

thechickenchick - What is drunken chicken?

We're about to head over to some friends' house for a BBQ. It'll be steak, chicken, potatoes, and salad.

9. ~*B*~

~*B*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Ohio
    grill food, chips and dip and watermelon.
    I cannot cook tonight. [​IMG]
    my stove is in the dining room and cant
    be put back til the floor is done....grrrrr

10. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Dutch Babies on the menu.. [​IMG]

I'm interested in Drunken Chicken, as well.. sounds good! Drunken Noodles are good, too.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by