Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Quote:
Thanks for the recipe. They sound
droolin.gif

Did I miss it - what temp do you start them at. Want to try some of these they sound yummy!

Dragonfly Ranch.. I am sooo jealous of your beautiful Basil! I wish I could get my Thai Basil to flourish like that! Wow!

Backyard Buddies.. I have not seen Drunken Noodles at TJ's, but I sure will look and see next visit! I have always just ordered the dish at our favourite halal restaurant in SF
wink.png
Carne Asada burritos sounds scrumptuous! I had a friend in WA state send some "good" seasonings down.. when he and his wife sent my last slitherin' "kidlet" ..it's good stuff!

I took chicken breasts out, but still not sure what to make of 'em..

Oh.. and here's a recipe for Drunken Noodles ...whew.. "..not a drop of alcohol..... "
big_smile.png

Thanks for the recipe AM. That sounds really good!
droolin.gif

Dragonfly that basil makes my window sill pots look very sickly!! I do love using fresh basil in everything.

Tonight is chicken and homemade noodles. I boiled the chicken bones left over from drunken chicken the other night and will make homemade noodles to add to the broth. I also made Chocolate chip cookies today so that will be our TV snack! We don't have cable so we usually watch DVDS of Friends episodes. However we ahve been watching all 10 seasons over and over for a year. I surprised DH and ordered a season of House. He was so happy to have something to watch that we couldn't recite every line before the actors said it!!!!
duc.gif

Have a nice evening everyone!

Husband had carpal tunnel surgery today and is home resting. So told him I would make a nice chicken,tomato, basil Risotto topped with homemade Goat cheese that I made this weekend. Kind of hot for Risotto but one of his favorite comfort foods. Only problem he can't have any wine - Oh Well, just that much more for the cook!!!

One of favorite sayings - "I cook with wine and sometimes I even put it in the food!"
lol.png

Have a nice evening everyone!

Sandee

I made enough Biryani last night.. to last us 3 more days...
tongue.png

I think I'll cheat and do some 4 cheese ravioli with a jar of sauce ..a salad ...some garlic bread ..and that will be that! My head is trying to give into one of those beasts, so any food appearances is a blessing and a miracle this evening
hmm.png

Good evening, everyone!
smile.png

Dragonfly Ranch - Beautiful basil!! Thanks for the pesto tips. What a great idea to freeze them in small quantities. I hope your hubby heals soon!

Aneesa's Muse - I hope your head is feeling better!

Tonight's dinner was designed to clean out the fridge - leftover BBQ chicken, cheesy rice, and green beans. Quick, easy, and now a clean fridge!
big_smile.png

Husband is doing really well - no pain and home resting watching Westerns! Thank you for your well wishes. Did indeed make the Risotto and it was soooooo good.

I have to be careful reading this post first thing in the morning always makes me so hungry to see all the wonderful things people had for dinner. I read this post as I sit here eating Chocolate Zucchini bread from last year so I can make room in the freezer for this year's batch.

Have a great day!

Sandee

I'm glad to hear that your hubby is doing well, Dragonfly Ranch! That's great news!

I have a great risotto memory. Hubby and I were traveling in Europe and one of our stops was to see cousins who live in southern Switzerland. This cousin's husband is from Northern Italy and hunts wild mushrooms as a hobby. He made the most amazing risotto for us during that visit. Giacomo's risotto will forever be the standard by which I judge all risotto. YUUUUUUMMMM!

I would love your recipe for Chocolate Zucchini bread. I got my zukes started late, but my next door neighbor is overrun and keeps me well stocked. Between he and I, we'll be eating zukes for months!

Here is the Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe. It comes from the "All Recipes.com" site. If you have never checked this site out I encourage you to do so - so many great recipes and they rate them 1 to 5 stars and the reviews are great telling what people liked/disliked and how they changes things to make it better. This recipe was rated 5 out 5 by over 366 people.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread I

"A moist scrumptious bread with chocolate and spices that even the kids will love. It's a great way to use up all of those extra zucchinis in your garden!"

INGREDIENTS
• 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups white sugar
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 2 cups grated zucchini
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well. Stir in the flour baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.

Back
Top Bottom