Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Quote:
That is a dream of a menu!! I am drooling just thinking about it! Congrats on your anniversary
bun.gif

I am making stuffed peppers tonight. Not sure if I am serving it with a salad or rice again. I have never made them.. Anyone have any tips? I am using ground turkey.

That pizza looks SOOOO yummy!

Backyard Buddies:

We are doing the whole ten day program. Each day seems a little easier, but man its tough!! Feeding the kids is a big challenge for me... I do A LOT of tasting while cooking, usually
big_smile.png

Tonight my poor children will be having a frozen pizza (plus some fresh veggies added before going in the oven) and some fresh fruit.

Quote:
That is a dream of a menu!! I am drooling just thinking about it! Congrats on your anniversary
bun.gif

I am making stuffed peppers tonight. Not sure if I am serving it with a salad or rice again. I have never made them.. Anyone have any tips? I am using ground turkey.

Thank you
smile.png

Prime Rib in the rotisserie is to die for!

When I make stuffed peppers, I don't usually make a side. It's all in the pepper. Most recipes include rice in the mix, so there's your side. I've actually gotten away from the rice and tomato mix in the pepper. Now, I use chopped mushrooms and beef gravy, and cheese of course. I think I got it from Allrecipes.com. If you do want a side with that one, I'd go with mashed potatoes.

Quote:
WOW that looks good. We have homemade pizza every Friday. What dough recipe do you use?

Also, thanks for checking on Monica - sorry to hear the another BYCer was in an accident - hope all is well with her.

Sandee

Thank you and your welcome.....the names were kinda similar so I had to make sure.

My husband would eat it every day if he could pizza is his favorite.

I have a few different recipes but this is the one I used last night I like it best when in a hurry cause I can use the quick rise. The recipe says this quick rise dough is ready so fast you must prepare your toppings first.

This is from the back of a little quick yeast package.

All American Pizza

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 pkg. quick rise yeast
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons oil

I put it in the bread machine on dough cycle so much easier Kim thank you for the idea but takes longer 80 min.

The recipe says it makes 2 12 inch pizza crusts but I doubled it and made two of those pizza baking stones you seen there.

Quote:
bun.gif

Oh thank you!

Did you see my stuffed peppers a ways back? One of my favorites. That is all I have too no sides. I use rice, diced tomatoes with juice I get it with a little spice in them...I think mexican style or something like that, sausage, cheese, onion in them.

Here is a pic in case you did not see them before.....

peppers.jpg

Thank you for all of your help with the stuffed peppers. Oh my that picture looks delicious! DH really liked them. They turned out pretty good I thought. I put rice in them like you suggested and just served a lettuce salad on the side.

I have no idea what I going to do tonight
idunno.gif

Thank you! I'm glad it turned out good.

Last night we had bbq chicken....and scalloped potatoes, carrots and cabbage with biscuits.

Back
Top Bottom