1/2 cup apple juice
4 Tbs. Ketchup
2 Tbs. Cider Vinegar
2 clove Garlic finely chopped
1 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 Tsp. Ground Ginger
2 Tbs. Cornstarch
2 Tbs. Water

Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or Dutch Oven over med. high heat add chicken skin side down and cook until lightly browned.

While chicken is browning, combine remaining ingredients except cornstarch and water in a bowl and mix well. Pour over chicken and bring to a boil and reduce heat and cover, simmer for about an hour turning chicken after 30 minutes. Remove chicken to a serving dish and keep warm.

In a small dish combine cornstarch and water, blend well and then add to cooking liquid. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, serve over cooked rice.

Note****
I like to add a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables to the cooking liquid and bring them back to a boil for about 3 minutes before I thicken it.

SimmeredChineseChicken001.jpg

Sourland just made a big pot of stuffed peppers - slow cook until supper and serve with noodles and fresh carrots.
droolin.gif

Best part - There will be enough to freeze for 3 more meals.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Thats the way to do it Sourland. I love stuffed peppers and when I make them I am the only one eating them I usually make 4-6 and I eat them till they are gone. No freezing here.
tongue.png

We really like having breakfast for supper in the fall and winter. Not sure why it's better in cool weather but it is.

Made French Toast with home baked bread last night. Served with my next to last package of venison sausage. It sure was good, don't think I've eaten french toast since I moved out of my parents house thirty years ago.

1319977912.jpg

I've got a home-grown chicken and garden carrots, potatoes and onions in the crock-pot going now. We will have a salad to go with it from the last fresh greens and veggies that came out of the garden 2 days before we just got 20" of snow
big_smile.png

Last night was chicken enchiladas, refried beans and macintosh apples
droolin.gif
Tonight is broccoli, chicken, cheese and rice casserole.......being created by the middle dd.......
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom