Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

I am stuffed. I made a 5 # rib roast with mashed potatoes, green beans, and yes Rachel LOTS of gravy. It turned out awesome.

Archie, I'm guessing about 90 years old, greeter-good will ambassador at our local grocery store suggested that I cook it at 500 degrees 5 minutes per pound and then just turn the oven off and leave the roast in there for another hour. That's what I did, and it worked - thanks Archie.

We cooked our own hatched, raised, and loved, muscovy duck,
Giblet cornbread dressing - gluten free
Giblet gravy (lots) - gluten free
Candied sweet potatoes
Mashed potatoes

Yummy

Of course, I am still full from bisquits, sausage gravy, and quail scrambled egg brunch :p

Last night we had stuffed peppers with egg noodles and carrots. Right now there is a pot of chicken paprikas cooking away on the stove. It will be served with dumplings, green beans, and probably Crescent rolls.

I think I should pretend I am a homeless college student and couch surf ----go to all the great cooks
My thoughts exactly!

Drove home from the hospital today--promised the kiddos Papa Murphy's for dinner. Nothing like a home cooked meal
lol.png

We have a regional chain type restaurant, Friendly's, don't know whether or not you have it on the W coast. They have GOOD ice cream and recently our local grocery store has been selling their sundaes for $ 1. I think that my blue jeans are shrinking, or maybe it's the long johns and henleys that are increasing my waist size.

Back
Top Bottom