Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

I have not been to a Friendlys in a long time! I had forgotten about them!
As my husband just said, Friendlys, great ice cream...but poor service.
Maybe that is why we have not been in a long time. I can forgive a lot for ice cream.
I don't remember the bad service.

I don't know about dinner but I do know it will be one of these for desert. I am feeling a sweet tooth coming on.

Bisquick Pie- desert 4 eggs 1/2 stick of margarine 2 C milk 1 Tbsp vanilla 1 cup sugar 1/2 C bisquick beat 3-5 min add 1 C coconut Bake 350 - 45 min in a nine inch greased pan

norwegian apple bake 1 cup sugar 1 cup flour 3 eggs 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 tsp vanilla 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp baking powder 2 cups diced apples 1/2 cup chopped nuts Mix sugar unsifted flour and unbeaten eggs. Add salt cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well. Fold in apples and nuts and pour into 8" greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees 40-45 mins sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar mix for extra sweetness before putting in oven if you like.

Jewish Tube Cake 4 lge. Apples 5 Tbsp. Sugar 3 tsp. Cinnamon -------- let stand 3 C Flour 3 tsp. Baking Powder 1/2 tsp. Salt -------- sift together 4 eggs 2 1/2 tsp Vanilla 1 C Oil 1/4 C Orange Juice 2 1/2 C sugar Peal & slice Apples add Sugar & Cinnamon. Make batter, add dry sift ingredients. Mix well with wooden spoon. Grease Tube Pan. Arrange batter and apples in layers, ending with batter. Bake for 1 3/4 hrs. until knife comes out clean in 350 F oven. Cake tastes best after being stored 2 days.

I don't know about dinner but I do know it will be one of these for desert. I am feeling a sweet tooth coming on.

Bisquick Pie- desert 4 eggs 1/2 stick of margarine 2 C milk 1 Tbsp vanilla 1 cup sugar 1/2 C bisquick beat 3-5 min add 1 C coconut Bake 350 - 45 min in a nine inch greased pan

norwegian apple bake 1 cup sugar 1 cup flour 3 eggs 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 tsp vanilla 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp baking powder 2 cups diced apples 1/2 cup chopped nuts Mix sugar unsifted flour and unbeaten eggs. Add salt cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well. Fold in apples and nuts and pour into 8" greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees 40-45 mins sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar mix for extra sweetness before putting in oven if you like.

Jewish Tube Cake 4 lge. Apples 5 Tbsp. Sugar 3 tsp. Cinnamon -------- let stand 3 C Flour 3 tsp. Baking Powder 1/2 tsp. Salt -------- sift together 4 eggs 2 1/2 tsp Vanilla 1 C Oil 1/4 C Orange Juice 2 1/2 C sugar Peal & slice Apples add Sugar & Cinnamon. Make batter, add dry sift ingredients. Mix well with wooden spoon. Grease Tube Pan. Arrange batter and apples in layers, ending with batter. Bake for 1 3/4 hrs. until knife comes out clean in 350 F oven. Cake tastes best after being stored 2 days.
OOOH....those sound so good!

I have been trying to be good since the Holidays. It might be time to bake a sweet or two...

go for it

When I was at the Amish market this morning I heard something calling me - I looked into the meat display and there was a perfect chuck roast. I am presently pot roasting that beauty to be served with mashed potatoes and GRAVY, sweet and sour red cabbage and home made biscuits. The house smells great.

droolin.gif

I put some split chicken breasts in the crock with Mexican seasoning and salsa last night. They're cooling now, I'll bone them out and use the meat for King Ranch chicken, or some variation thereof.

We had the King Ranch chicken tonight. I need to go stare at the freezer and find something to thaw out for dinner tomorrow. I'm so proud of myself, went grocery shopping tonight and didn't even walk down the meat aisle!! Cleaning out the freezers has really opened my eyes to how much we have that needs to be used, and think of how much $$ we'll save by not buying meat for a month or so!

I think the extra $$ should go toward a Blue Bunny Ice Cream budget, but that kind of defeats the purpose of using up stuff in the freezer to make more space. Plus, I think I'm the only cancer patient in history to GAIN weight
th.gif

my mom had that same complaint...

if you are gonna get cancer, you should at least get to to loose weight.... at least that is what my mom said... she actually gained some, she was super bummed.

Back
Top Bottom