Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

it was really good would eat it again no issue.

it was one of those red/pine squirrels (american red squirrel i think there official name is)

would say it was one of the better meats i have eaten. no game taste what so ever.
They call those Eastern Red Squirrels in California. They are invasive. There is a native brown squirrel here that is smaller and does not compete as well

The red squirrels by us are little and we call them red devils! They are very territorial, and fiercely defend their territory. My dad watched one chase off a deer from a corn pile one year while hunting. We had them in our basement last fall. One got stuck in the venting for the furnace, yuck! :sick
We also have the Eastern Grey Squirrel and the Fox squirrel also. The Fox squirrel has a red /brown fur and is larger. The eastern Grey is much better eating than the Fox squirrel.

Last night I made cheese stuffed chicken breasts and baked sweet potatoes prefaced by chicken noodle soup.

Tonight I made strip steak on the grill, scalloped potatoes, zucchini squash and broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom