Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Make this instead of buying the curry!
I do love cooking, but the techniques in cooking Indian food are kinda contrary to that of European food so it “feels wrong” :confused: also, its good to enjoy food that one doesn’t cook sometimes.

Btw CTM is not Indian, but a dish that has its origin in the UK. Not something, I order when back in the UK, but I believe its the most popular takeaway food in the UK :confused:

Here in Kenya, we have a large North Indian population and their food is very good - and restaurant food a tad less Westernised than the UK versions :)

Regardless, Indian food is one of my favourite treats (excluding the after effects of this particular one :oops:)

Dinner depends on if anyone put the chicken breast and Ground beef into the fridge from the microwave! I forgot to move them this morning when I was thawing them.

If moved, then tacos. If not, then the Mexican restaurant!

Sorry, but :lau. I'm glad that I am not the only one who does that.
I know!

Now I want to see if the food is moved. Kind of an experiment. The microwave beeps until cancel is pushed or the door is opened. Often cancel is pushed and no one looks into the microwave.

The Mexican restaurant sounds good to me!

I use vacuum sealer for all meat that I put in the freezer so I never have to put it in the microwave to defrost. I just plop it into a sink of warm water and, usually, in less than 20 minutes it is defrosted and ready to use. Ground beef doesn't even need to defrost before browning, put it in pan on a low burner and it defrosts as it browns, just keep scraping off the defrosted parts.
I don't like the taste of meat that has been defrosted in a microwave:sick I can usually tell if a restaurant defrosted my entree in a microwave before cooking it. Double-yuck.

I use vacuum sealer for all meat that I put in the freezer so I never have to put it in the microwave to defrost. I just plop it into a sink of warm water and, usually, in less than 20 minutes it is defrosted and ready to use. Ground beef doesn't even need to defrost before browning, put it in pan on a low burner and it defrosts as it browns, just keep scraping off the defrosted parts.
I don't like the taste of meat that has been defrosted in a microwave:sick I can usually tell if a restaurant defrosted my entree in a microwave before cooking it. Double-yuck.
I do not taste anything different.

Your way of defrosting is more in line with federal guidelines. Some where I have a defrosting plate. I should see if I can find it.

It is called miracle thaw:

upload_2019-1-11_11-36-3.png

Amazon sells them for about 10 bucks

Back
Top Bottom