Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

I just bought a crock pot, hadn't had one for over a year. I'd just been using my pressure cooker...don't get me wrong, I love the pressure cooker, but I'd forgotten the convenience of the slow cooker! Plus, the quiet...have to admit the hissing from the pressure gets on my nerves at times. So, put some chix breasts in the crock with Mexican seasoning and salsa, cooked on low all day. Shredded the meat and had enchiladas in the oven in record time!

I just bought a crock pot, hadn't had one for over a year. I'd just been using my pressure cooker...don't get me wrong, I love the pressure cooker, but I'd forgotten the convenience of the slow cooker! Plus, the quiet...have to admit the hissing from the pressure gets on my nerves at times. So, put some chix breasts in the crock with Mexican seasoning and salsa, cooked on low all day. Shredded the meat and had enchiladas in the oven in record time!

I do love my crock pot (s)!! I have 4 different sizes. Seriously, couldn't live without them! Enchiladas sound yummy.

I agree, it's salad! I make a chicken bacon salad that my husband loves. He always feels like he's eating healthy when we have it. I don't have the heart to tell him, just because lettuce is an ingredient doesn't make it healthy!

Burgers and baked beans sound very summery and yummy! Unfortunately it is snowing here today! Our 19 year old nephew is coming to visit tomorrow for a few days, so I'm baking chocolate chip cookies and lemon bars today. I haven't put much thought in to supper....

th

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom