Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

This morning I put some "boneless skinless leg meat" (chicken) in the crockpot with Mexican seasoning and salsa. Tonight...dinner! I'd planned to make enchiladas with it, but it looked so good we just put it on a plate, topped with some cheese and sour cream, and ate with fresh sliced tomatoes and bell peppers.

When I bought the leg meat, I thought it would be thighs, but this looks like the drumstick, also. It's on sale at Albertsons this week, and I'll probably go pick some more up. I'm trying to have more crockpot meals, and the skinless breasts always come out dry-ish. This was nice and juicy, and very flavorful.

This morning I put some "boneless skinless leg meat" (chicken) in the crockpot with Mexican seasoning and salsa. Tonight...dinner! I'd planned to make enchiladas with it, but it looked so good we just put it on a plate, topped with some cheese and sour cream, and ate with fresh sliced tomatoes and bell peppers.

When I bought the leg meat, I thought it would be thighs, but this looks like the drumstick, also. It's on sale at Albertsons this week, and I'll probably go pick some more up. I'm trying to have more crockpot meals, and the skinless breasts always come out dry-ish. This was nice and juicy, and very flavorful.

Those are hind quarters. Front quarters are the breast half and wing.

Sounds very tasty!

Tonight I made stuffed peppers, fried green and yellow summer squash, egg noodles, and baked sweet potato (for the Princess) - Right now chocolate chip cookies are in the oven.
droolin.gif

Stuffed peppers always sound so good, but I just don't care for them. I actually don't like peppers much at all. Makes me sad, cause I love to grow or buy they---they're so pretty! But I just don't care to eat them
hmm.png

Long, long day today. Papa Murphy's to the rescue!

Last Night i broiled boudan and made a garden salad with my grandma's italian dressing. The Night before was bacon wrapped chicken bits, and broiled cauliflower in Olive oil and garlic, with lime juice drizzled over the top. Out if ideas for tonight... Lol plan to look through here. Peace y'all. :)

Back
Top Bottom