Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

The kiddos had Subway. Honey and I are having a dish like Alice Springs chicken---cubed breast sauteed in bacon grease, with onion and mushroom, with a honey mustard sauce, cheese and bacon on top. Green bean casserole to go with.

The kiddos had Subway. Honey and I are having a dish like Alice Springs chicken---cubed breast sauteed in bacon grease, with onion and mushroom, with a honey mustard sauce, cheese and bacon on top. Green bean casserole to go with.

That sounds like a very tasty supper!

I pressure cooked a pork roast in a kind of BBQ\ Asian sauce and made pulled pork sandwiches. Now I am getting a lasagna ready for cooking at a Halloween lunch tomorrow

That sounds like a very tasty supper!

I pressure cooked a pork roast in a kind of BBQ\ Asian sauce and made pulled pork sandwiches. Now I am getting a lasagna ready for cooking at a Halloween lunch tomorrow
It was so tasty, we're having it again tonight
big_smile.png

Jerk chicken, black beans with onion and bacon over white rice, Fried Plantains, and Poblano peppers stuffed with frying cheese wrapped in ..wait for it... BACON!.
big_smile.png

I also have four quarts of baked beans doing it's thing in the crock pot. They have been doing it for three days now. Next time, I use the pressure cooker.
sad.png

Last edited:
Last night was ham, roasted potatoes and roasted carrots/beets. Lots of leftovers for this week. I haven't decided what to make tonight. Possibly ham and potato soup, or hunters minestrone soup.

Last night was ham, roasted potatoes and roasted carrots/beets. Lots of leftovers for this week. I haven't decided what to make tonight. Possibly ham and potato soup, or hunters minestrone soup.
This reminds me of a conversation recently in my office. My co-workers were going for lunch and debating the merits of different restaurant's soups, particularly potato. I chimed in my favorite potato soup was my own---you wouldn't believe the looks I got. Seriously, not sure any of those ladies have ever made potato soup. I shouldn't tell them how easy it is, I should just start bringing in quart jars with a pretty ribbon on it and charge them $10
wink.png

This reminds me of a conversation recently in my office. My co-workers were going for lunch and debating the merits of different restaurant's soups, particularly potato. I chimed in my favorite potato soup was my own---you wouldn't believe the looks I got. Seriously, not sure any of those ladies have ever made potato soup. I shouldn't tell them how easy it is, I should just start bringing in quart jars with a pretty ribbon on it and charge them $10
wink.png
yuckyuck.gif

My kids LOVE ham and potato soup and they have been asking for it for over a month now. (it was hot at the time, so soup making wasn't happening) So I made the ham last night so we would have leftovers for soup. The leek potato I made last week was excellent too. I'm in a soup mindset with the cold/rain we have had this weekend.

I'm convinced not a lot of people cook. When I worked, some of my coworkers idea of cooking dinner was sandwiches and soup from a can.
th.gif
Most of the time they ate cereal for dinner. Bleck. I enjoy cooking healthier food, and trying new recipes.

Along the way you have some failures though. I once made turkey soup from a carcass, and it was positively awful. Speaking of turkey, it's coming up on time for turkey chili and I have a turkey in the freezer.
droolin.gif

I've never made split pea soup, but I have so many ham hocks, I have to figure out something to do with them. I also want to start making (and canning) my own chicken stock - I've never done it before.

Last edited:
Oh. I thought it was just me and the turkey carcass soup.
It was awful. All the same good things went into it as the regular turkey soup, except I thought the bones would give it more ...'stuff'.
It gave it some serious' gross'.

Back
Top Bottom