Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

skand -
hugs.gif
I hope your stress eases up soon.

Aneesa - thanks for the endorsement of those cookies. Oatmeal raisin are my DS's favorite. Thanks to you too BB, I'm going to give those a try.

chicknmania - I have yet to eat at Max & Erma's. My kids say it's good, but I usually get sidetracked by Applebee's or TGIFriday's, both of which are on the way.
lol.png

Anyone here from cknmom? I hope you're ok Monica.

Aneesa's Muse :

I made 4 dozen Oatmeal Raisin cookies, too ...and they are GOOOOOD.. thank you again, Backyard Buddies!

I'm so glad to hear that! I'll have to give them a try myself. I figured with that many good reviews they had to be at least quite decent.

I really like Allrecipes. The salmon I made last night was based on a recipe I found there. Hubby kept saying how good it was all throughout the meal.

Skand -
hugs.gif
Is this about the move? I caught a bit of that on another thread. I hope everything settles down soon.​

Quote:
I can't read that without thinking of the Brady Bunch - Pork chaaaaaps and app-o schaaass.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm getting worried as well. When I posted my first concern, she hadn't posted since much earlier in the month. Her last post was 10 days ago. The weather has been much better so perhaps she's taking advantage of that to get things in order before the next storm. Monica, do check in if you can.

I found a great deal on cod fillets today, so I'm making crispy baked cod, french fries and tossed salad.

Crispy Baked Cod;

INGREDIENTS
1 egg
1 1/2 cups beer
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound cod fillets
2 cups crushed cornflake crumbs
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 quart oil for frying

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, beat together egg, beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place cod in the bowl, and thoroughly coat with the mixture.
In a separate medium bowl, mix the cornflake crumbs and Cajun seasoning. Dip the cod in the crumb mixture, and thoroughly coat all sides.
In a large, heavy skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Fry the fish until golden brown, and flesh is easily flaked with a fork.

Full house tonight since DD is home from college.
big_smile.png

Grilled London broil and a warm Caesar salad with farfalle instead of croutons. Fresh baked French bread and peach crisp a la mode.

Redfeathers - that sounds good! We all love cod. Our favorite is wrapped in foil on a bed of thinly sliced potatoes, topped with a black olive tapenade, drizzled with olive oil and baked or grilled.

menageriemama - yummm ... even without the peanuts!

That fish sounds really good, Redfeathers! I may have to make some fish tomorrow..
smile.png

Tonight.. last minute... I made a tuna casserole, some buttermilk biscuits and a green salad. The crazy migraine comes and goes ..along with some strange nausea... so I cook when the pain subsides
wink.png

I hope everyone else is well ...especially cknmom/Monica ..wherever she may be...

Tuna casserole is a great idea! We love that at our house. DH and DS got home very late so the burrittos I prepared stayed in the fridge. So that will be tonights dinner. Probablly a salad on the side.

Back
Top Bottom