Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

No, the owner of the grocery store always buys the champion market beef, and it was now butchered and available in the beef section. It's so much better than the normal beef, which is good, but fair beef is better.
I know what you are describing. Growing up, be would raise beef on our orchard. We would move the stake to a new spot as needed. When it was time to butcher, Dad would feed them corn for a couple of weeks. They also ate grass during that time.

It is a lot different from what is in the store for sure!

I know what you are describing. Growing up, be would raise beef on our orchard. We would move the stake to a new spot as needed. When it was time to butcher, Dad would feed them corn for a couple of weeks. They also ate grass during that time.

It is a lot different from what is in the store for sure!

Yes, whatever the 4H kids do, they do it right!

We had a local grocery store that always set out to buy the champion beef from the fair. The store owner was the butcher, so it was a real point of pride for him. Special stickers for the packages of meat and everything. It also drove up the price of fair beef and made the kids some major money.
I had enough friends in 4H that raised beef cattle to know that some of those cattle are completely, totally spoiled rotton. Probably as spoiled as some of the chickens owned by people on BYC...

Back
Top Bottom