Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

yes- we garden and can or freeze. DD nd DS are both farmer kids and DS just started tapping our sugar maples!
made cream puffs because I promised yesterday, and we are having take out pizza and wings
Another good memory.. Granddad tapped the maple trees as well and had a big cement trough he placed over the fire (he was a brick man by trade) to boil it down. He knew just what wood to use in the fire to create the perfect temperature for boiling the sap.

So have mine Ron, even my parents are gone. Dad passed last year just before his 94th BD. But the time we spent with them is priceless. There are many a times I'm out mowing when I wished I had granddad's old Gravely mower with the riding seat he made for it.
When I was in High School, I remember an Uncle talking about Black Friday!

That event was what sent my Grandpa on my Dad's side to California. He was born in 1895 and died in 1972.

When I was in High School, I remember an Uncle talking about Black Friday!

That event was what sent my Grandpa on my Dad's side to California. He was born in 1895 and died in 1972.
Granddad was born in '04 and died in .95, grandma was born in '05 and died in 2006. She and her older sister Alma lived a long time as Aunt Alma lived to 104. Hopefully long life is in the genes.

Granddad was born in '04 and died in .95, grandma was born in '05 and died in 2006. She and her older sister Alma lived a long time as Aunt Alma lived to 104. Hopefully long life is in the genes.
Hopefully long life and mental clarity!

I'm counting on it. Mom lived to be 97. Aunt Emma 104 and aunt Pauline 103w - all with mental clarity till the end. Of course all the males died way before that. :oops:

I'm counting on it. Mom lived to be 97. Aunt Emma 104 and aunt Pauline 103w - all with mental clarity till the end. Of course all the males died way before that. :oops:
Grandma was as sharp as a tack until the end. Something about the way she ate, and foods she avoided I suppose. Cholesterol lowering drugs and do a lot of harm on the brain. It needs LDL to continue to function well.. So I continue to eat the way I was raised, very few if any pre-processed foods in this house..

Sorry was off yesterday in bad way .. We took a short run to Costco .. Coming away we get 10 miles down the freeway, had a tire go flat one that we just bought from les schwab paid 300 for the two..
They did replace the tire took a screw in the sidewall ..
Takes 3 hours ss they are busy. Mind you Kia does not carry spares but a funky can of sealant and a little air compessor. It did get us to centralia 20 miles away goes flat again.
Came home made dinner slept way too late this morning

Back
Top Bottom