Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

That stuff is like $10 for the smallest size takeout container! I have a friend who told me she only cooks duck breast now because there was so much fat to deal with cooking a whole one. I told her she could bring it over…:gig
We cooked duck several years ago and saved the fat to fry potatoes. It was very good!

Last night I grilled a London broil which turned out surprisingly tasty! I’ve been making an effort to empty out this doggone freezer and have refused to buy meat til it’s dealt with. I’ve been shaving off freezer burn for a week which the chickens have been over the moon over but DH and I less so. This one had no visible freezer burn so I just followed instructions for grilling frozen steak, searing it on both sides then finished over indirect heat for about 25 minutes.
Rested it for 10 or 15 minutes and it was a good medium rare.
Tonight it’s French did dips on sourdough I baked a couple days ago! Garden veggies and salad too!

That stuff is like $10 for the smallest size takeout container! I have a friend who told me she only cooks duck breast now because there was so much fat to deal with cooking a whole one. I told her she could bring it over…:gig
Whole duck segmented and cooked in its own fat is very much a THING. Duck confit anybody? It's delicious!!!

Back
Top Bottom