Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Friday night was venison lasagna with bechamel sauce. It was out of this world!! DH loved it! Last night was breaded pork loin chops, rice pilaf and spinach. Tonight taquitos, mexican fried rice, and pinto beans.

Hope everyone in the south is doing fine with these storms-keep warm! DD and family are in KY.

Monica

Last edited:
Quote:
I made them today for my lunch tomorrow. They taste pretty good. Next time I think I will steam the beets
mine roasted a little long and the skins stuck to them.

Might as well add tonights dinner:

Roast chicken, sauted green beansw/onions and homemade pasta with a rich gravy.

Last edited:
Quote:
I made them today for my lunch tomorrow. They taste pretty good. Next time I think I will steam the beets
mine roasted a little long and the skins stuck to them.

If you try it again, let us know which is better. I can see your point. On the one hand, the roasting probably adds some nice flavor but if it's a pain in the rear to make, then steaming would probably be better. We like beets either way, so I would like to try this recipe.

Dinner tonight: Pork chops rubbed with sage and thyme, homemade apple sauce, brown basmati rice, and Brussels sprouts (for the adults) or green beans (for the kids). The kids just aren't big on Brussels sprouts yet.

We had grilled hamburgers, Spicy Jack Mac & Cheese
droolin.gif
and broccoli. I didn't mix the broccoli in like the recipe called for... because my crew don't care for their foods mixed
roll.png
... so I mixed mine in on my plate.

Back
Top Bottom