Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

haha, its just meatballs rolled in rice and baked in a tomato sauce..poor people food!!
lol.png
lol.png

Quote:
sounds good to me! Do you put them over pasta? or just eat them as is? And is the rice cooked before? Sorry to be a pest...

Quote:
Sounds delish! Is that pork chop recipe from Allrecipes.com? It sounds familiar and I may have tried it at one time or another. Let us know what you think of it because I'm always up for new pork recipes.

My favorite way to prepare pork chops lately is very simple. I buy the boneless thin sliced ones. I then rub on dried sage and thyme and sprinkle them with pepper. Then I lightly fry them in some OO for just a few minutes per side. Tasty!

Quote:
Sounds delish! Is that pork chop recipe from Allrecipes.com? It sounds familiar and I may have tried it at one time or another. Let us know what you think of it because I'm always up for new pork recipes.

My favorite way to prepare pork chops lately is very simple. I buy the boneless thin sliced ones. I then rub on dried sage and thyme and sprinkle them with pepper. Then I lightly fry them in some OO for just a few minutes per side. Tasty!

You got it - my favorite recipe place. Had a pretty high rating so I'll let you kow what we think. I'm going to use the 1" thick center cut pork chops from Costco.

Sandee

Last night we had French onion soup, cheese, fruit, crackers and pretzels, brownies and angel food cake with chocolate/ raspberry fondue. Tonight we're having frozen chicken wings and I don't know what else. Snow icecream, maybe....
tongue.png

Last edited:
Last night was meatball sandwiches. Tonight is stuffed rolled meatloaf, broccoli. I think I will make a pie today.

I make a couple of different types of porcupine meatballs. The traditional one with a sauce of either a tomatoe sauce or just tomato soup, but I mix my rice into the meatballs. Sometimes I will put a chunk or some kind of cheese in the middle of each. I make them about tennisball size. The other way is raised meatballs. About the same there are a couple of different ingredients-can't think of what off hand, would have to get out my recipe. But the sauce is cr. shroom soup, sometimes I will put shredded mozzarella over the top.

Monica

Well, my plans for the pork chops went out the window last night. I forgot to get the pork chops out of the freezer in the morning, called husband and asked him to do it. He was busy at the time and got side tacked and forgot too. So into the pantry to see what I could come up with - good old stand by Tuna and Noodles. Good lunch left overs. So this morning I made sure I got out the pork chops.

Sandee

Back
Top Bottom