Hey I have a question on my silkies eggs

Chickensrule69

Chirping
Feb 26, 2023
Down south
So I don’t know how long my silkie (lemon is her name) has been broody but I have been candling her eggs and to me they look fine but idk they’re are some what different she has been broody before but the difference in these eggs is that I can candle them from both sides idk if that’s normal because she has never raised her own eggs before someone help me out thanks 😊
Also if you need better photos I can provide them idk I’m just curious on this
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. This is a great place to explore and hang out.
Looks like a couple have started to form, Do your have a rooster.?
Yes I have a few roosters but I have a silkie rooster for her and I know her eggs are fertile I was just curious why can I candle the eggs from both sides and I know it might seem like a beginner question but I have had her hatch chickens before so I know what it’s like but before I could only candle from one side of the egg and the egg shown is the same egg I don’t know it’s just odd how I can candle it from 2 different ways

I'm not quite certain what you mean 'from both sides', but those eggs appear to be developing normally. :welcome
Yah it is a kinda stupid thing to ask but other eggs she has raised I could only candle from one way like I couldn’t see through the top but only from the side of that makes sense that’s what I meant by both ways idk thanks for letting me know though 😊

Back
Top Bottom