Hey i have some questions

Cutebutsassy1

Songster
Aug 13, 2020
hey so I have some questions please. I plan on converting a camping trailer into a coop its 30ft. I would like to make a brooder section so the chicks do not have to stay in my house at all. So here's my questions I prefer not to use any sort of heat lamp for dangerous reasons but will a heated cat house work to keep them warm something like picture below. Can I use brooder plates? Looking for suggestions please im so excited to do this and obviously want them to be as warm as possible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324-102704_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324-102704_Facebook.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 15
I am not sure about the cat house idea but heat plates work great from my experience. You might need a few plates depending on how large you plan to make your brooder. I recommend producers pride brooder/ heating plate,its easy to adjust and does a good job . Again that's just my experience with them.

Brooder plates should work fine as long as you follow the instructions, or you can also use a homemade "mama heating pad" set up.

How large is that cat house? Given the size of most cat things, it's likely too small for more than a couple of chicks. Chicks also need to be able to get away from heat, so if the entire house is heated, that won't work.

Back
Top Bottom