Hey NC! ... Free Bantam Aracuna Rooster to good home

Zylphrix

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 24, 2007
Hillsborough NC
My favorite Hen turns out to be a Rooster. Does anyone close to Hillsborough NC want a free Bantam Aracuna Rooster (not for eating). He has lots of personality and is not mean .. I raised him inside my house because I thought he was a she and she was being picked on .. well He has come of age and I work too early and my walls are too thin. .. He is missing a few digits on his toes .. a dog bit his toes off before i owned him .. I took him to save him (a her at the time .. and I paid 15 dollars for her). .. Please Adopt this Roo. .. I call him Fred

DSCF1398.jpg

DSCF1395.jpg

DSCF1390.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure he is Araucana? He looks kind of like a silver duckwing. How far are you from Monroe. My son is wanting to start back raising bantams.

not sure how far .. im near Chapel Hill .. and Yes I am sure he is an Aracuna (not sure the correct spelling) .. I got him from a fellow named Reggie Neal .. he is .. or was .. a member of an Aracuna club and thats all he bred .. I wasnt worried about breeding as I only wanted the blueish eggs and chose this one because i liked the splashy color. .. Im fairly new to chickens myself and this Roo is only 6 or 7 months old max.

Mark

Last edited:
I'm glad you found him a home. I've never raised araucanas, so i'm not familiar with their color patterns, but he is a nice looking bird.

Many chicken breeds have similar color patterns. That is a nice looking silver duckwing araucana. I am glad you found him a home as well.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom