Hey Q9!!! Calling Q9!.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Did ya know its Civil War Week on the History Channel?? [​IMG]

2. Q9

Q9 General Headache

No, I didn't, but we don't get History Channel anyway. [​IMG] Too bad - that, National Geographic, and Discovery are my favorite channels. We get none of them.

I'm guessing that it would have provided me quite a bit of material to blog about. [​IMG]

Thanks for alerting me to it, though. [​IMG]

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Q9; fill me in. History buff in general or Civil War era specifically? I'm a big nut for Colonial Era stuff myself, but seldom see coverage on that era on TV, except for the Thanksgiving specials, which I hardly count. [​IMG]

4. this one channel has a lot of WWII movies throughout this weekend so i'm happy [​IMG]

5. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:*Cough*Warofnorthernaggression*cough* [​IMG] Yes. That era specifically is what interests me the most, though the colonial era up to the War interests me. I consider it the single most important chapter of American history, as it re-shaped the very nature of our government.

6. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Q9 what is your opinion on the Mexican-American War? Do you think Polk wanted to fight or he did it to protect the U.S.?

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    WW2 buff here... Cival war was interesting, but WWII had more technological advancements and interesting things happen IMO [​IMG]

8. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:*Cough*Warofnorthernaggression*cough* [​IMG] Yes. That era specifically is what interests me the most, though the colonial era up to the War interests me. I consider it the single most important chapter of American history, as it re-shaped the very nature of our government.

I always heard it was the war of southern submission.[​IMG] Reshaped the govt and a lot of peoples lives.

9. Quote:i'm a WWII junky to! gotta love those M1 Granads, M4 Shermans, Panzer IIIs, etc! [​IMG]

10. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    WWII was better documented it was the first real filmed war and visually informative as the next best thing would be the actual smell. I am also a WWII buff.It was fought as a war to win.
    Quote:

Last edited: May 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by