Status
Not open for further replies.

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
Did ya know its Civil War Week on the History Channel??
big_smile.png

No, I didn't, but we don't get History Channel anyway.
sad.png
Too bad - that, National Geographic, and Discovery are my favorite channels. We get none of them.

I'm guessing that it would have provided me quite a bit of material to blog about.
lau.gif

Thanks for alerting me to it, though.
smile.png

Q9; fill me in. History buff in general or Civil War era specifically? I'm a big nut for Colonial Era stuff myself, but seldom see coverage on that era on TV, except for the Thanksgiving specials, which I hardly count.
roll.png

Quote:
*Cough*Warofnorthernaggression*cough*
tongue.png
Yes. That era specifically is what interests me the most, though the colonial era up to the War interests me. I consider it the single most important chapter of American history, as it re-shaped the very nature of our government.

WW2 buff here... Cival war was interesting, but WWII had more technological advancements and interesting things happen IMO
wink.png

Quote:
*Cough*Warofnorthernaggression*cough*
tongue.png
Yes. That era specifically is what interests me the most, though the colonial era up to the War interests me. I consider it the single most important chapter of American history, as it re-shaped the very nature of our government.

I always heard it was the war of southern submission.
wink.png
Reshaped the govt and a lot of peoples lives.

WWII was better documented it was the first real filmed war and visually informative as the next best thing would be the actual smell. I am also a WWII buff.It was fought as a war to win.
Quote:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom