Hey There!

Peachaburra

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2017
Hello, I'm Maddy!

I currently am not owned by any chickens, but I hope that I will be soon! I had two chicks for a few days last year, before discovering they were illegal to have in our city. Despite only having them for a few days, I fell in love with them, and now am counting down the days until I can have chickens! We plan on moving to a rural area on a patch of land some time this year, and I can not wait! I've been dreaming of this forever! Until then, I am excited to be here to learn more about chickens, and admire all your flocks. :)

I am a huge animal lover, but I am very partial to birds. I am a very crazy bird lady.
tongue.png
I am owned by seven amazing parrots, who are all totally spoiled and adored. I'll introduce them later. :)

I look forward to meeting you all!

Hi :welcome Maddy

Glad you could join us here! Your move and chicken plans sure do sound exciting! Our learning Center is a great place to check out for lots of great articles on getting started ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

It sounds like you are well on your way to being a bird addict with your parrots! I'm sure you would enjoy the chat here ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/57/caged-birds-finches-canaries-cockatiels-parrots-etc

Good luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hello there, and welcome to the flock! Thanks for joining us at BYC, please pull up a chair and make yourself at home! I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Last edited:
Hello from Kansas, Peachaburra, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! So happy you will soon be able to get some "legal" chickens! Best of luck your re-settlement to the country and future flock! Best wishes!!
D.gif

G’Day from down under Maddy
frow.gif
Welcome!

That is very exciting! Best wishes for the move and hopefully many fun chicken times to come.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif

It sounds like you have some exciting changes coming up this year.

Best wishes with everything and thanks for joining us!

Mmmmmm some of the bantam breeds could easily pass for exotic, ground parrots (aka chickens) especially if they were kept as house pets. Just sayin'. You might want to check out the "people with house chickens," thread

Back
Top Bottom