HHD incubator (cheap chinese one) how to reset Humidity??

I got one (yellow Chinese slopes control panel) as a hatcher so I could move eggs from the big incubator in there for hatching whilst leaving the others still in the other baton on normal Hum.

I'm interested/surprised that you liked the book as I noticed a few strange ideas the worst being on the page about setting eggs it said to set them blunt side down!

I have the same one😞.my humidity reads 38-40. I have it set at 50. Unable to have it reach that setting. Alarms all the time. I have all the little canals filled with water I can see there’s humidity inside with droplets but the humidity settings does not get to 50. Any other thoughts? I’ve tried the settings from previous statements on your blog here and it’s not working.
Thanks
Dorothy

I'm posting this so that anyone reading your post will have the answer as to how to change the humidity alarm setting. Press the Set button until AL appears, Press the + button and AH appears, Press the + button and the A5 (AS) appears. Press the Set button once and 45 should be there. Press the - button until you get down to 40. Press the Set key once to store the 40. Wait about 5 seconds for it to get out of the program mode. The Humidity is just a monitoring feature so you could set it all the way down to Zero to eliminate any low humidity alarms.:thumbsup
Thank you so much for that. Mine came with nothing!

Yeah brain fart for a second lol.

I use mine the opposite way - as my incubator with my second one acting as my hatcher. This one fits more eggs (56) and the grate is poorly designed so I don't feel safe using it as a hatcher unless I do some modifications. Another member has the same one and the grate killed a couple of his chicks, confirming my thoughts that it shouldn't be designed the way it is.
I lost a chick my first time using it. His body got stuck between the grate and side and one chick was actually running around down there. Now I just dampen paper towels and stuff them in the openings when I remove the turners for lockdown. Works fine.

Thank you so much for that. Mine came with nothing!
Good luck! Calibrate some probe thermometers and a separate humidity gauge.

You can just fit a ramekin of ice water in there and adjust the incubator probe to read 0 once it settles, but a probe in the centre will be useful as those eggs heat up as the develop.

Humidity in mine was 15-20% off. I relied on calibrated gauges and weighed throughout. Had to lower the alarm threshold, since the factory humidity setting can't be adjusted.

There is a 'salt' test for humidity, involving a capful if damp salt in a ziplock with the sensor. After 6 hours it should read 75 (at room temperature of around 20).

I'm going into hatch and the incubator is currently reading: 34.5c and 54% humidity.

Actual is 37.7 degrees in the middle and 68% humidity; I've constantly been ticking it down a few degrees every day or so to keep the middle temp reading below 38. It has been steadily climbing from around day 14 due to the eggs producing their own heat.

I lost a chick my first time using it. His body got stuck between the grate and side and one chick was actually running around down there. Now I just dampen paper towels and stuff them in the openings when I remove the turners for lockdown. Works fine.
That's what I've done! Helps to get my humidity up where I want it too! The channels don't seem to be enough on their own. Also, I don't rely on the built in humidity gauge. It's super inaccurate. Ran mine at 30% with a reduced alarm setting and everyone is on target weight.

I have the HHD 24 Egg Incubator. The alarm beeping is driving me crazy. I bought a separate hygrometer so that I could test the incubator. It is now clear that my incubator is not detecting temperature and humidity properly. The new hygrometer is registering 60% humidity but the incubator is stuck at 24%. I disconnected the humidity sensor, but the beeping didn't stop! 30 is the lowest setting for the humidity alarm, so lowering it to 0 is not an option on this incubator. Does anyone know which wire I can clip to disconnect the alarm speaker?
I have a similar problem. I have the HHD 24S mini incubator. My humidity is stuck on 89%. Both totally dry or with water in the channels. I havent even used mine yet as it only arrived yesterday. Clearly I've purchased a heap of rubbish 😱 I'm so annoyed as I've got eggs here ready to set 😭 What should I do ?

Back
Top Bottom