HHD incubator help

Pics
Hi I have the one with the yellow top. I have my temperature set to 39.5 that’s the highest it will go but my temperature on my gauge is only showing around 93-95. How do I get that to go high to reach 99 degree? Any suggestions?
Sounds like HS maybe is set to 39.5 (HS blocks how high you can set the temperature) - if so you can increase HS and then set it higher than 39.5

HHD24 incubator is a knock off and does not work. First test cycle worked fine. Reset according to information I found on the Internet and had to reset the parameters.
24 quail eggs died. Humidity said it was 60% but it was raining inside the chamber. Temperature suddenly shot up when the humidity level was adjusted for lock down. Could not get the temperature to adjust down no matter how I set the HS and LS. Temperature would not respond. Consistently ran at 41.3 degrees C.
Seller would not respond even through E-Bay.

Hello, I'm Tony from HHD.
The incubator will need water all the time when hatching, usually water add each 2days. and in Day 18 hatcher period. will need high humidity(65~79%) for chicks break up, better make sure all two water channel are full of water to keep the humidity.
Most HHD mini incubator with water bottle for water add from outside.
Enjoy hatching!!

How come the AL and AH settings are only between 1 and 15°C?

Not for knock off versions.
My HHD24A sucks.
The test cycle before placing eggs into the incubator worked fine.
Then when I reset and adjusted the parameters for quail eggs it started off fine. When I started the lock down process and adjusted the humidity according to recommendations the temperature shot up to 40 to 41 degrees Celsius. Humidity was suspiciously high since it was set at 65% and it was raining inside the incubator.
You either have a piece of garbage or a lot of knock offs are being sold under the name.
The seller on E-Bay would not respond and when I contacted E-Bay they routed my complaint to another seller I bought the eggs from.

I have acquired 5 of the HHD and one generic model. Most of them were made by the Janoel Company with identical controls. I'm referring to the slanted back control panel type. You can program AL;AH;AS;CA;HS; and LS. Since it uses a seven segment display a 5 represents an S in all cases.
AL is Alarm low point. When the temp drops below the set point this much it will alarm by beeping and blinking. I set mine at 1.0 Deg C.
AH is Alarm high point. When the temp gets above the set point this much it will alarm. I set mine to 1.0 Deg C.
So now my unit will alarm if below 36.8 or above 38.8 because my temp setting is 37.8.
AS is the alarm for the Humidity. It will go into alarm when the humidity gets below the number you set here. I set mine all the way down to 1 because I hate alarms. This incubator does not control the humidity. It only shows you the value.
One note on controlling the humidity. As mentioned in several posts it is the area that the water is spread out that determines the humidity not how deep the water is. The water in any channel should never be so high that a chick would drown by putting it's beak thru the grid if the egg tray is removed and you are hatching in the unit. A 1/8 inch deep water area spread out everywhere on the bottom will result in a much higher humidity value than one channel filled completely full.
CA is how you calibrate the temperature. For example, if the heat led turns off at 37.8 but you measure 36 inside with an accurate thermometer then you would enter a -1.8 in the CA value. It allows you the keep the 37.8 set point and compensates for the unit's temperature error.
HS is the highest temperature anyone can accidently set.
LS is the lowest temperature anyone can accidently set.

Let's say you enter 36.5 for LS and 38.5 for the HS. Now when you press the set button one time to set the operating temperature you will only be able to enter a setting between 36.5 and 38.5. Try it to prove I'm right.

Remember that the operating temperature (37.8)(100 deg) is set by pressing the Set button once briefly and then the + or - to enter your set point. I always press the Set once again to save it but it's supposed to save it automatically after the Set button times out.
If you have any other specific questions just send me a message.
Hi so I recently got a few tortoise eggs that need to be incubated at a temperature of 29.5 C however the incubator in using(HHD mini 24) does not allow for the lowest temp to go under 30.6 how do I set the lowest possible temp to under 29 c

I have acquired 5 of the HHD and one generic model. Most of them were made by the Janoel Company with identical controls. I'm referring to the slanted back control panel type. You can program AL;AH;AS;CA;HS; and LS. Since it uses a seven segment display a 5 represents an S in all cases.
AL is Alarm low point. When the temp drops below the set point this much it will alarm by beeping and blinking. I set mine at 1.0 Deg C.
AH is Alarm high point. When the temp gets above the set point this much it will alarm. I set mine to 1.0 Deg C.
So now my unit will alarm if below 36.8 or above 38.8 because my temp setting is 37.8.
AS is the alarm for the Humidity. It will go into alarm when the humidity gets below the number you set here. I set mine all the way down to 1 because I hate alarms. This incubator does not control the humidity. It only shows you the value.
One note on controlling the humidity. As mentioned in several posts it is the area that the water is spread out that determines the humidity not how deep the water is. The water in any channel should never be so high that a chick would drown by putting it's beak thru the grid if the egg tray is removed and you are hatching in the unit. A 1/8 inch deep water area spread out everywhere on the bottom will result in a much higher humidity value than one channel filled completely full.
CA is how you calibrate the temperature. For example, if the heat led turns off at 37.8 but you measure 36 inside with an accurate thermometer then you would enter a -1.8 in the CA value. It allows you the keep the 37.8 set point and compensates for the unit's temperature error.
HS is the highest temperature anyone can accidently set.
LS is the lowest temperature anyone can accidently set.

Let's say you enter 36.5 for LS and 38.5 for the HS. Now when you press the set button one time to set the operating temperature you will only be able to enter a setting between 36.5 and 38.5. Try it to prove I'm right.

Remember that the operating temperature (37.8)(100 deg) is set by pressing the Set button once briefly and then the + or - to enter your set point. I always press the Set once again to save it but it's supposed to save it automatically after the Set button times out.
If you have any other specific questions just send me a message.

Back
Top Bottom