Hi All:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kjmcmurren, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Kjmcmurren

Kjmcmurren New Egg

Jun 11, 2017
    Hi:) My name is Kats and I live on a small farm with a variety of animals....pigs to horses. I'm new to
    to chickens, have a few that I raised from hatchlings. But right now I'm in a middle of a crises and how I've come across this website. I'm on my 24th day of my guinea fowl in the incubator. Sometime last night after I candle the eggs (which all were happily alive) my incubator got turned off...by cat..dog...ghost...woke up to temp at 73 and nothing moving anymore. I turned back on incubator. Idk what I should do hold my breathe and pray...or just toss the eggs out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Chicken Obsessed

Jul 13, 2016
    ~ The UK ~
    My Coop
    Hi! :frow:welcome
    im so sorry about that! don't chuck them out yet...have you candled them after the "incident"??:thumbsup:goodpost:

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I had a 12 hour power cut on day 19 of my last incubation of chicks (i.e. 2 days before hatch). They all survived, although they hatched a couple of days later than expected. Don't lose hope.

Good luck
    CT

4. Kyanite

Kyanite Loving Life!

May 27, 2016
    SE Idaho
    Hi Kats, and welcome!
    I agree, don't lose hope on the eggs. Give them some time before candling again.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Mmmm I'm fairly certain the cat did it! Go ahead and ask him? :lau:welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by