HI! Can someone tell me what breed this hen is?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 7.04.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 7.04.27 AM.png
    709 KB · Views: 9
Looks like a game mix. A picture of the comb may help determine her mix. She looks maybe like a Silver Columbian Dun? Weirdest color I've seen.

thank you!! she's tiny!! they said she was born in march but she's like half of the size as my other hens so i'm a little worried about this introduction. are game mixes typically way smaller?
They are not large birds, but would also depend on what she was mixed with. It does not matter as long as she eats well and she is healthy. 😊
Take time to integrate new birds. It has taken over a month for me to integrate some birds. Patience is needed. She should be kept completely separate from your flock for several weeks prior to integration to make sure she is not carrying any diseases/parasites that may infect your flock.

I'm talking appearance. I am not sure what it is genetically since I don't know much about that. But the male counterparts to hens of that color have silvery or creamy hackles and saddles, and gold or reddish shoulders, usually, and in appearance look much like golden duckwing males.
It's because Wheaten is a Sex-linked type coloration with Wheaten males looking more like Duckwings, & hens appearing completely different, rather then Salmon breasted.

Back
Top Bottom