Hi everyone šŸ‘‹šŸ» Iā€™m new here!

Hi, thanks for the welcome... Iā€™m really not sure why or what the difference is about cecal poop and diarrhoea. They are eating grower pellets and whatever they scratch in the run which has a row of lilypillies. The only other thing that might make a difference is that they have a bowl of shell grit mixed with crushed baked eggshells. I have removed this when I tucked them in tonight. I watched them feed this morning and after they had their fill of pellets they walked to the watered with their beaks shape and when they drank the water I could hear the water squeal down their throats...I thought it was my tummy grumbling because I didnā€™t have my breakfast! Anyway I think I might mix a little yogurt with some of their pellets in the morning and offer that first thing, something I read on a thread here on BYC :)
Do you have actual grit out for them? When you write shell grit I think you are referring to oyster shell and that's for laying chickens. They need granite grit or access to small stones at all times for their gizzards and proper digestion.

:jumpyNot oy
Do you have actual grit out for them? When you write shell grit I think you are referring to oyster shell and that's for laying chickens. They need granite grit or access to small stones at all times for their gizzards and proper digestion.
Not oyster shell, they are little little sea shells that have been crushed and mixed with egg shells that have been baked and crushed. No granite grit at the stock feed wharehouse, donā€™t know if it exists here!

WELCOME TO BYC.
20200219_052322 (2).jpg

Hi from Queensland.
You'll find lots of Aussies here.
It's a great site.

Back
Top Bottom