Hi everyone!

Hi y'all, I'm newbie to raising chickens. Any advice, tips, or just knowledge I will gladly accept. My girls are in a new coupe and it's far bigger than their first coupe. They have new milk carte nesting boxes and THEY HATE THEM. They will not lay in them at all. The smaller coupe had 4 built in nesting boxes and the girls LOVED it. The hens will lay their eggs in the sand I have in the coupe. The milk crates are not even used but they get in them and scratch and move the grass around but no laying in them. They lay every where BUT the boxes. They've been in the coupe a couple days. Is me or is it them adjusting to the new coupe?

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Hi and welcome to BYC! Sometimes it takes a while for them to decide a new best box is safe. Fake eggs help to convince them that the scary new nests won't eat them :D
THANK YOU for that tip. I am going to give it a try. My older hens are use to the new nesting boxes NOW..only took em a week to get use to them.😆 My new hens are not laying YET.

Back
Top Bottom