Hi from Cape Coral, FL!

I moved away because I was being threatened with legal action regarding my backyard flock in Cape Coral. I had them under the "4H loophole" as some folks call it because the law stated (at that time, not sure about now) that you could NOT have ANY chickens unless for "religious, cultural or educational purposes". We homeschooled AND did a poultry project and still that was not good enough for the city. :( I worked hard to gain support for a long time for Backyard Chickens of Lee County but to no avail.

Good luck to you.

welcome-byc.gif

I moved away because I was being threatened with legal action regarding my backyard flock in Cape Coral. I had them under the "4H loophole" as some folks call it because the law stated (at that time, not sure about now) that you could NOT have ANY chickens unless for "religious, cultural or educational purposes". We homeschooled AND did a poultry project and still that was not good enough for the city. :( I worked hard to gain support for a long time for Backyard Chickens of Lee County but to no avail.

Good luck to you.

goodpost.gif

I was in NW, off Burnt Store but now we're in SE off del prado... talk about getting creative lol
From what i understand though we're ok hanging chickens... there nothing in the ordinance that forbids it

Back
Top Bottom