1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Little Rock

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LostMindPleaseFind, Jun 16, 2011.

1. LostMindPleaseFind

LostMindPleaseFind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm a city girl gone country....maybe.[​IMG] I am convinced that I have lost my mind because recently I had the strangest urge to purchase chickens. All the feed store had at the time were some month old funky, panting chicks. I really wanted Buff Orpingtons. I asked what they breed they were and were told they were Aracunas(not!..lol you know how that goes) but they had me when I was told these chickens laid green, blue and pink eggs!!!! Holy cow! :yiipchickThere is such a thing as Green Eggs and Ham!! So I am the owner of 4 Easter Eggers named Butterscotch, Lolli(pop), Taffy and Jellybean. [​IMG]
    I'm going to a chicken swap this Saturday in Little Rock in search of Welsummers, Buff Orpingtons, Cubalayas and I have forgotten what else.
    I also own a 12 yr old Blue Heeler(Bandit), a 2 yr old Black Lab/ Aussie Shepard mix(HellBoy aka Samson). Also a cat(Engine= pronounced ahn-gene) that Samson adopted, its his and that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! P.S. If it's not too much trouble and you happen to find my marbles, please return them ASAP!:lauOh! By the way, I blame Farmville for this madness!![​IMG]

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma! [​IMG] Cool chicken names lol [​IMG]

3. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] I have a Lolli too, and a Pop, lol. Cute names!

4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Welcome to BYC

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Pennsylvania!

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

8. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I love EE's (Easter Eggers). The eggs are awesome! We are a major Welsummer farm and I will tell you now that they will never dissapoint you. [​IMG]

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

10. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by