Hi from S. Central Nebraska!

YonkFarm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 10, 2009
Sutton, Nebraska
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens. I'm working on plans for our coop/run, and this site has been incredibly helpful in that! I would really like to get some eggs to hatch (as I think it would be a great family project) or chicks this spring.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None, but hope to have around 15

(3) What breeds do you have?
Still working on which breeds to get. I want primarily egg layers/pets, and am looking at Red Star, Ameraucana, RIR, Orpingtons, Rocks and maybe some bantams.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Did a google search for building chicken coops, and since I found this site, haven't really looked anywhere else!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Love to knit and wish I liked to quilt like my grandma; the same grandma who raised chickens for meat and eggs and taught me so much about so many things! Just wish she was still here and that I would have paid more attention when she was here so I could glean from her wisdom!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I've been married to my best friend for 22 years, have a married daughter (25), and two sons (17 & 14), a granddaughter (17 mo.) and another grandbaby due in May. We have an Italian greyhound (Pal), a Yorkie (Bitsy), the newest member of the family: a lab mix (Ellie), and 3 farm cats and I would love to have some goats someday! We moved to a 10 acre farm last June. We have homeschooled our sons for 8 years.

welcome-byc.gif
from TN

13982_welcome_2.jpg

BYC is excellent!! Glad to have you here! I am in Genoa, about 30 minutes west of Columbus.
Make sure you ask lots of questions! Someone here will know!!!
Hugz

welcome-byc.gif
Fellow Nebraskan!! I don't have any chickens yet, but just placed my order for them coming late March. I've got 20 pullets ordered and 1 Rooster, 3 crested Khaki Campbell ducks as well. I certainly didn't plan on the ducks but after I've been on here, these people get in your brain and make you order things you'd never even once considered!!!
big_smile.png

10 acres, I'd love to have 10acre's I could get alot more chickens/ducks/horses/dogs with 10acres!!!

Back
Top Bottom