Hi from South Africa

I'm so sorry you got hijacked, that's terrible! I hope you're ok.

NN is usually pretty shy and grumpy but she actually looked happy to see me, I think she figured out I'm trying to help her. The roo hasn't been rough with her, she chases him off everytime he comes near, so for now I'll see how she does. She seems to be hanging out closer and closer to the landlords flock so it would be nice for her if she could join them. If her eggs hatch though, I'll have to build her her own tractor.

I'll definitely post pics of the chicks as soon as they arrive
jumpy.gif

Keep safe and I hope you feel better soon.
Sorry what is a tractor! not sure what you mean

It's a smaller, mobile coop and run, sometimes on wheels to make it easier to move. She doesn't like being locked up much, so I wanted to make one for her just to raise her chicks in and then leave it open when for her once they're old enough to free range.
Oh I see sorry didn't know the term.. no prob
smile.png
I keep reading about tractors but thought they were the big green type that plough fields - silly me xx

My chicks finally arrived this morning! What a wait, I ordered day olds and they're about two weeks old already. At least the breeder put an extra one in for free. I'm so happy they're here though. I'll try to post some pics of them tonight.

My chicks finally arrived this morning! What a wait, I ordered day olds and they're about two weeks old already. At least the breeder put an extra one in for free. I'm so happy they're here though. I'll try to post some pics of them tonight.
Oh that's wonderful - what breed are they? can't wait to see pics.. congrats
celebrate.gif

@chameleon Finally after 400+ nests we have baby weavers - just had to show you

and mum is so good feeding all day

Finally
big_smile.png
well done, those poor weavers work so hard.

Oh that's wonderful - what breed are they? can't wait to see pics.. congrats
celebrate.gif

Thanks. I ordered 5 Potchefstroom Koekoeks, and 5 New Hampshires. The breeder gave me an extra koekoek, so there's 11 now.
And here's the pics finally....

This one is very brave and curious, the rest are still a bit camera shy.

That blur at the front is having a dust bath in the shavings.

Suntanning.

Finally
big_smile.png
well done, those poor weavers work so hard.

Thanks. I ordered 5 Potchefstroom Koekoeks, and 5 New Hampshires. The breeder gave me an extra koekoek, so there's 11 now.
And here's the pics finally....

This one is very brave and curious, the rest are still a bit camera shy.

That blur at the front is having a dust bath in the shavings.

Suntanning.

They are gorgeous bet you are pleased - how's NN think she will take over and mother!

She's been following me aound the last few days, she's becoming a lot tamer. But she hasn't payed any attention to the chicks. She followed me into the run earlier looking for food but didn't seem to notice the chicks at all. If she does accept them that'll be great for her, we'll have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom