Hi from Tasmania, Australia!

Hello Kate and welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us! welcome.gif
(Hello Mon!You sound like a great friend!) :frow

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

Hi people, I’m Kate. In no particular order:
  • I’ve joined this community on the recommendation of a friend (Hi Mon!), and am looking forward to exploring the articles and discussions
  • I last had chooks (chickens to non-Australians) 17 - no 18! - years ago, which were some lovely Plymouth Rocks, beautiful birds who had my small dog completely bluffed
  • We have just bought our Forever House on some acreage just outside of Hobart, Tasmania, and are working hard to set up a vege garden, increase native plantings and of course the house. My husband and children are building a luxury apartment in anticipation of buying chooks - hmm, I should go take some pictures before the walls go up
  • I won’t be getting a rooster, nor will I be looking to buy and raise chicks, no matter how cute - with full-time work, a family and other hobbies, there just isn’t time in the day to add fluffballs to the mix!
  • So far I am amazed by the range of chicken coops on this site - I will have to show my hubby, who will undoubtedly see this as a challenge
So Hi everyone and I look forward to learning by doing!
Kate
Hi Kate, glad to see you found the site ok! Have fun looking around! Mon x

Back
Top Bottom