Hi from the Bronx, NY

dancing wolf

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
I work in a Trauma Center in the Bronx and park my car in the neighborhood. There is the sweetest chicken that lives in the neighborhood that I have been feeding for the past 4-5 months. No one knows who she belongs to, but she has managed to survive the winter ( thankfully very mild) and must go somewhere safe at night. One of the doctors at the hospital actually has a rescue farm upstate and has been trying to help me catch her. She is very smart and wiley, and we can't seem to get her. I want her to be safe and Dr. Crain would take her to the farm.

In the meantime, Dr. Crain gave me a bag of chicken scratch and I give her corn, rice, peas and even birdseed. I also feed the birds by where I park my car, and the people in the house where I park, allow me to put food on their lawn. I have a large bowl of water as well.

I love this little girl and worry about her safety. I call her Esmarelda, Esme for short. If anyone has ideas on ways to catch her, please let me know.

WelcometoBYC.gif

No not yet. She is very fast and wary. She is a street smart bird. It's frightening, she just walks down the block and crosses streets!

Back
Top Bottom