Hi from the Fuzzy Farm!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kountreefok, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Kountreefok

Kountreefok Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    Graceton, MN
    Cluckin' happy "HI" from No. MN! [​IMG] Been lurking all summer cuz I thought I'd be called back to work to parts elsewhere {offline} and didn't want to start making connections I couldn't maintain but since the out there job--that helps pay for my chicken and plant addiction--is on lock out I'm still home--and working another outside job--I can't resist getting to chicken chat with all you good folks...at least for awhile before I maybe go to off and on mode.
    So much for my "double life" my real life is 40 acres of warm, fuzzy and feathered--even at -40 when water hoses are snapping...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My DSO--gorgeous wild eyed man with a farmers' tan, The Ladies and guys: 10 cow calf pairs, 1 heifer, a steer, and 3 bulls (for now); 2 great two-legged kids (DS & DD) all 'finished out"...sorta, a 5 yo grand-daughter (DD's), 8 rabbits and multiplying, too many kitties (re-homing...so as to stop the multiplying), 2 doves, 1 cockatiel, a neurotic collie, lots of green babies, and...of course--roll the crowing, please...

My dream garden of chickens started! (3 years in but had already had a laying flock.) The Girls and guys: a mixed breeding flock of 46 hens inc. 3 now setting--couldn't say no again to those broken-hearted lil' birdy eyes while gathering the other day-- 3 roos saved over for next breeding season, and 30 lil' ones just integrated into the main flock and doing great! Mix=mostly BO's, barred rocks, New Hamps, RIR, Black Australorps, EE's, & some of last years mixes. 1 BO, maybe 1 mix, and 2 brown leghorn roos coming fall for next breeding season. Goal: continued broody breeding and bird color: more red, gold, buff. Next steps: breeding pens, and Honey wants turkeys. Following season: Improvement of chicken size and egg color(s).
    Oh yeah...and me...I'm Kathy. Just trying to grow a life that's nourishing on all levels.
    Nice to meet/greet you all!
    [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, Kathy! Glad you joined the board. Sounds like you have a pretty good set up going! [​IMG] Wow! You have a barnyard full of fun with all those chickens! Best of luck and great to meet you!! [​IMG]

4. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] from Texas.
    Love the name!

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Sounds like quite a family you have there. Thanks for coming out of the shadows. Lots of great people and great information here. I am sure you will have much to offer. [​IMG]

7. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    Welcome from a fellow northern Minnesotan! We're closer to the big Lake but go to Lake of the Woods through Baudette quite often into the Canadian side [​IMG] Sounds like some great projects you have going.

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio