Hi, hubby asked me what this chicken is. I'm like, "I dunno; but I know where to go". What do you think she is, please?

Most likely some type of mix, maybe a brahma mix. She does have a roostery thing about her, though I can't put my finger on it. But if she truly is 31 weeks, then there's no chance, or highly unlikely she's a rooster. As for a 18 week old, it's possible she's a rooster

Most likely some type of mix, maybe a brahma mix. She does have a roostery thing about her, though I can't put my finger on it. But if she truly is 31 weeks, then there's no chance, or highly unlikely she's a rooster. As for a 18 week old, it's possible she's a rooster
Well, now there's that. This brings me to another thing. . . . that buncha chickens were purchased from a hatchery; namely Hoover (not TSC) and I expected them to have sent what I ordered: dark brahma, straight run, no chicken mixin'. Humph!

I recalculated all my broods and that one came up with 18 weeks (I am so math challenged).

Well, hatcheries guarantee breed, not necessarily quality. So it's possible you just ended up with a pure dark brahma, just not one of the best quality wise. And since you ordered straight run, it's a viable scenario

Back
Top Bottom