Hi I’m I’m new to this website and I want to learn more about farming

Can’t sleep lol. Welcome! You will be a true chicken farmer here. I am amazed at the amount of information here. I used to be here once when it was early and I am amazed at so many chicken lovers. I have 36 or so right now. Mostly growing for food or pets here. I started out with 5. Every year I raise a fall batch and well, there are little peeps freaking everywhere! I am in Florida but it is getting chilly for my 2 week olds. They are all bundled under a heater and my clothes are still wet because the heater trips my dryer. The crazy stinkers are not coming in though! Thank you for joining because we could always use more insight! Happy chicken hunting...

Lol you know your a crazy chicken person when your chicks get the heat needed to dry your clothes.

welcome-wagon.gif
welcome-wagon.gif

Hey there!! Glad you could join us. It would be great to know a little more about you so it would be easier to help you....

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Here's a few links that may help get your coop in order:
How Much Room Do Chickens Need

Chicken Coop Ventilation - Go Out There And Cut More Holes In Your Coop!

Predator Proofing

flappyChicken.gif
Good luck in your new chicken adventure!!

Hi and welcome to our community. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hello Haley and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Take advantage of the many links to articles you are provided here by others. You will learn a lot by reading them and by reading threads in forums that interest you. And now that you've joined, ask questions of your own! We'd be happy to help in every way we can.

Back
Top Bottom