Hi, I am new here!

GeekyRaptor

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2020
:frow hi and welcome. Your project sounds intriguing. Hope you will post pics of your progress. In some ways such a bird could be practical, in other ways not so much. Practical at processing, not having to pluck. But the cost of keeping these birds protected from extreme weather might be prohibitive. Will watch your progress with interest!
I plan on starting with the coop, my mom and dad bought a seven acre farm so I will be running it by them to see if they'll warm to the idea of me buying materials and building a coop with a run and a set of rooms. I live in upstate new York and right beneath Canada, so it is very harsh in the winter and really hot for the brief summer.

During winter I plan on insulating with hay bales and built in low grade heating. And in summer screened windows and small fans will be the way to keep things cool.

If my parents are okay with it I will begin construction in January, I do plan on buying a nice camera cause my phone's camera is crap. So I will be posting building updates if I am approved.
Message me if you want to talk about it more.

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
:welcome

Hello, it's nice to have you here! A few years ago there was a thread about a member's featherless bird. It took a lot of effort on her part to keep it warm and not sunburned. You'd certainly want to do a lot of homework into a project of that size.

Best wishes!

Top Bottom