Hi, I just bought some chicks from Cal Ranch. Happy to be here

Lin B

Chirping
Mar 4, 2021
Hi, all. I bought some new chicks from Cal Ranch that just opened this week here in Kingman. Right now the little fluffy butts are in my bathtub on a towel I change daily. They are on chick food with sav a chick electrolytes and are about a week old now. Almost done with their chicken paddock, hope to finish it today. Yesterday they were introduced to their first day outside on the ground. They had a ball, a couple of them already were doing a dust bath. I have had chickens on and off for years but these are the first I have had since early last year when I had to be away for an extended amount of time. They are a real hoot to watch. My cats are not real sure what they are or what to do about them. They just sit a look over the edge of the tub supervised of course.

Ty, and I will. They are only allowed in the bathroom when I go in. They have been around chickens before and like to lay out in the paddock with them when they get bigger. They help keep a watchful eye on them and dispatch mice or occassional small snakes when they come around to invade the paddock

Back
Top Bottom