Hi, still new with a different problem, exploding egg! UPDATE!!!!!

Hi there i have just put a post in about my soon to be chicks "well i hope so" I am a bit worried thro as the landlord has had some fencing done around the farm so there has been alot of banging of post going into the ground, at one stage the post driver was close to the nest box, does anyone no if this would harm the chicks or even kill them
sad.png
i sure hope not i did move them but it may have been to late
sad.png
they are due in two days.. Hey good luck with yours
wink.png

I am beginning to think those little egges are hardier than I have been giving them credit for. Our eggs have been through a 9 hour car trip in a dog carrier, a short stint in a shoe box, my daughter handleing them constantly, (before we suspected there were babies in there!) and a flood, where they were about 1/3 submerged under rainwater. We still see movement in the eggs. We are optimistic about a hatch. Which should be the end of this week. Of course all the credit goes to Crystal, our pet Silkie. She is a very good mama.

mountaingirl
Mary

UPDATE!!!!

We have babies! At least one, with another starting on a hole in the shell right now! I can't believe they made it!

YAY!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

We got a better look and it seems that one of the chicks died from being stuck in dried membranes. Another chick is still trying to get out of the shell. It seems so thick. I know not to help it, but is there a time I should intervene?

Please help!

New update!!!!

Two have hatched! They seem to be doing fine! We can't get another look at the othe two eggs, I'll post when I know more!

What tuff littlle chickies. Good job mommy hen.

I dont help until I am positive the chick cant make it out on its own.

chel

Grats on your new babies, Just read the whole story, I'll be watching to see how things go. Hope things continue to go well for you and your chicks !
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom