Hi there everyone!

Wynterchick

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2020
Southeast MI
Hi there fellow chicken people!

I grew up in kentucky with a variety of chickens and other farm animals but moved to Michigan after my 18th birthday. After a couple years researching and slowly convincing my husband that chickens are a good idea on our 3 acre plot of land. I'm expecting 21 chickens, ducklings, and goslings this early summer!! He will start building the coop as soon as the ground starts to thaw and it isn't so cold outside.

We have a good size pond that takes up a chunk of the front acre, so the ducks and goslings will be introduced to the water as soon as they are old enough. We decided to get 3 silver appleyards (one drake and two girls) and a pair of tolouse geese. The chickens are a mix of blue splash red wyndottes, dark brahmas, silver polish, welsummers, and easter eggers. If the weather is appropriate, the chicks will probably go into a brooder that is directly in the coop. They should be here the first or second week of June.

Any pointers are welcome!

:welcome Sounds exciting and your breeds are super. You'll love having your very own flock. Be sure your pond isn’t housing snapping turtle they prey on goslings and duckling an even adult water fowl. Other than that your waterfowl will love the pond. Please stop by the duck and goose forum also an ask any questions you have.

@Wynterchick - A big, friendly welcome to you! :welcome

We're so happy to have you at BYC. And we can't wait to hear about your adventures with chickens, ducks, and geese!

welcomeimage.png

Back
Top Bottom