Hi Y'all. It's really great to be here...finally! :)

Dadsaid

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 24, 2014
Little background history.

For those of you wondering about my username, and even for those of you who are not, I created my username in honor of my late father, who early on saw me for who I really am, a country girl, and helped me to get to where I've always wanted to be today at the age of 57.

Thanks Pop!

I think of you everyday! :)

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome from Georgia. So glad you joined.

I also had a great dad, but if he were alive, he would not believe I have chickens!

Y'all = southern, where are you from?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

How nice that you had a father that saw the real you. What a blessing!

Great to have you aboard and we do welcome you to our flock!

:welcome  Welcome from Georgia.   So glad you joined.

I also had a great dad, but if he were alive, he would not believe I have chickens!

Y'all = southern, where are you from?

I'm originally a Cannuck but I've was up, down and now all around.

Moved from Toronto in 1971 when I was 15 to South Texas. That's where the y'all comes from. Impressionable years. :p Graduated from UT at Austin in 1980.
Got washed out by Hurricane Allen and then left for adventure on the west coast, California.

Met my hubby there, got hitched, raised two kids, then moved across the country again to Florida in 2004. Arrived the day before a Charlie and run of subsequent hurricanes hit. (we have a thing) :)

We were a little north of the Clearwater area for the last ten years in a waterfront community and then discovered the rural beauty of North Florida a couple years ago when we bought a blueberry farm for a weekend retreat but have since purchased a permanent place with a house and a shop on ten acres.

Thanks for asking and the warm welcome. :)

Love to hear more about your life too.

Thanks so much everyone for such a warm welcome.
Sunflour, Boskelli, Wyandottes, Ol Grey Mare, BatamLover and TwoCrows too! :D

Back
Top Bottom