Hi!

Dec 7, 2017
So I guess I have to introduce myself. I’m Emma! I’m fifteen and I got chickens almost as therapy animals.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I built my coop and bought my first seven chickens at the very beginning of September 2017.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now I have 19 chickens. Two are 8 week old pullets, one is an 8 week old cockerel, one is a 25 week old cockerel, and the rest are hens anywhere from 25 weeks to about a year old.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have 6 mix breeds, ranging from two breeds together to complete mutts. I also have one light Brahma, two Batam buff Brahmas, a chocolate Ameraucana, two Australorps, a Jersey Giant, a bantam splash Orpington, two non bearded Silkies, and three Easter Eggers.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Before I acquired my first chickens, I researched breeds, disease, coop conditions, food, etc. It was inevitable that I found this site.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love reading and writing. I also camp frequently, so kayaking is something I enjoy.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live with my mother, sister and grandparents.
I own a Siamese X and a Border Collie/Golden Retriever.
I currently attend High School.
I have plans to pursue a career in creative writing or K-9 Police work.

I guess that’s it. I may be fairly new to chickens, but I dare say I have a a fairly vast knowledge of what I’m doing. :woot

Last edited:
G’Day from down under Emma :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

So I guess I have to introduce myself. I’m Emma! I’m fifteen and I got chickens almost as therapy animals.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I built my coop and bought my first seven chickens at the very beginning of September 2017.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now I have 19 chickens. Two are 8 week old pullets, one is an 8 week old cockerel, one is a 25 week old cockerel, and the rest are hens anywhere from 25 weeks to about a year old.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have 6 mix

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Hello Emma So glad you joined Backyard Chickens you will find several your own age here and lots of us old folks

:welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here Emma!

If you haven't yet, please make your chickens a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise.
It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it! :D

PS. Keep an eye out for @21hens-incharge .. she is a chicken math enabler... and it looks like you already got it down pat! :lau

Back
Top Bottom