Hi

View attachment 2351756 Walmart tote bin (Big one) they can stay in until they get fully feathered, or able to jump out of it. Clean, dry, shavings, and a brooder hotplate (not a heat lamp) and use chick starter feed! Makes for happy hens!:)
Thanks, but we already have a heat lamp, (we didn’t buy it this year my dad just had it for some reason) so we will probably just use the heat lamp. :thumbsup

I’m new here. I am getting Rhode Island Red chicks soon. Me and my family are raising them for eggs. I love to red. Due to COVID I’m doing online school, because of this I have so much extra time so I convinced my parents to get chickens. I’m a Hoosier if you don’t know what that is Google it. I have a dog who is part beagle part lab. I think he would eat our chickens Please give me advice I’m a new chicken owner and I need advice.
Does your dog stay in the house? And how old is he? If he is well trained you might can train him to leave them alone better than you think if he minds you. I have an eleven year old Miniature Schnauzer who is a squirrel dog for sure and hates cats etc rodents but she will not touch my flock. I raised my birds in the house until 11 weeks. In MS we have excessive summer heat. I’m an Alabama fan. Roll Tide! If you don’t know what that is you can Google that. If you need some dog training tips with your pup I will be glad to help. We also have a 8 week old Golden Retriever. I must say he is a stunner- English cream and built like a linebacker. Gotta nose like a beagle and really soft mouth but he leads with his nose first which is the best sign for any dog. I’m a dog person first and chicken person second. Let me know. Be glad to help. You can break your dog. Beagles are good dogs.

How do. Do more than like for example, DobieLover did a sad face on my post. How do I do that?
At the bottom right of every post except your own, is a reply, quote and like button. A quick tap just likes the post. If you hold it down, you will see other expressions.

Does your dog stay in the house? And how old is he? If he is well trained you might can train him to leave them alone better than you think if he minds you. I have an eleven year old Miniature Schnauzer who is a squirrel dog for sure and hates cats etc rodents but she will not touch my flock. I raised my birds in the house until 11 weeks. In MS we have excessive summer heat. I’m an Alabama fan. Roll Tide! If you don’t know what that is you can Google that. If you need some dog training tips with your pup I will be glad to help. We also have a 8 week old Golden Retriever. I must say he is a stunner- English cream and built like a linebacker. Gotta nose like a beagle and really soft mouth but he leads with his nose first which is the best sign for any dog. I’m a dog person first and chicken person second. Let me know. Be glad to help. You can break your dog. Beagles are good dogs.
A mix of beagle and lab. Born in late January and chases squirrels, barks at rabbits, and will eat/tear up everything. He is a male. Here is a picture of him. His name is Ollie. He barks at every one/thing, he is a great guard dog (too great).

PS If you want you can check out his YouTube channel Ollie the Beagador to see him in action🐶.

Attachments

• 1958EA32-4E0D-4352-B671-BE262476FF0F.jpeg
    1958EA32-4E0D-4352-B671-BE262476FF0F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom