High-Pitched Quack

I will try and either record a video or find a video of a duck making the same sound. I read somewhere that it could be a mould infection in her lungs, but their pond is cleaned daily and their cages are kept clean also.
I take changes in their voices very seriously because it can be a sign of a respiratory disease or throat infection.

One of my hens had a high, wheezy quack last year. I wormed her for Gape worms and it went away. I am not sure where you are but Gape worms seem to be here in the southern US.
Good point, I forgot about the possibility of gapes!

One of my hens had a high, wheezy quack last year. I wormed her for Gape worms and it went away. I am not sure where you are but Gape worms seem to be here in the southern US.
I’m curious if you keep a deworming schedule or plan to. As I’ve heard if they are in your part of the US, they normally come back eventually.

Also, did she quack funny or was it a wheezing sound when she was breathing?

I’m curious if you keep a deworming schedule or plan to. As I’ve heard if they are in your part of the US, they normally come back eventually.

Also, did she quack funny or was it a wheezing sound when she was breathing?

So I found my old post about it. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/possible-gape-worm-in-duck.1188243/page-2#post-19052694 If I remember right, she wasn't quacking like normal and was making a high pitched chirping noise. It was suggested that I worm for gapes, so I did. I was planning to worm every six months and I realize I am now over due. So, I hope to this week. The medicine and dosage are on the post.

Back
Top Bottom