High tomorrow - 103 degrees ...... Heat index = 115......Aarrrggghhhhh

Quote:
If there's high humidity, you won't be able to get air temps of 108. The water in the air makes it much harder to get that hot. I haven't ever seen temps over 100 when there's 80% or more humidity!

Quote:
If there's high humidity, you won't be able to get air temps of 108. The water in the air makes it much harder to get that hot. I haven't ever seen temps over 100 when there's 80% or more humidity!

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE FORCAST FOR LOUISIANNA AND MISSISIPPI

Quote:

YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE FORCAST FOR LOUISIANNA AND MISSISIPPI

Don't confuse air temp with heat index(which is what it feels like). The heat index may be over 100, but the actual temp is not. The high temp in the state of Louisiana is 95. I didn't check Mississippi.

Personally, I prefer the warm humidity to the dry heat, but I do live in S. Florida. Arizona heat gave me bloody noses and scaly skin.

Last edited:
8/4/11 Clarksdale Ms... Ambient Air Temperature Of 106 And Humidity Of 78% Produced A Heat Index Of 122 Degrees... Perhaps You Missed The Humidity As The X Factor Which Was The Point Of That Statement. 106 In Phoenix With Almost No Humidity Is A Hot 106. 106 In The Deep Moist South Is 122 With The Heat Index Which Has And Will Again Cause A Hot Stagnant Death For Many Living Organisms, Including Humans

Quote:
X2.........

And if you don't think it's miserable (compared to "dry heat" in other regions of the country), I've gotta camper that's got a broken AC that I'll be more than happy to put you up in through the rest of August. "Feel - Like" conditions prolly get down to a frigid 90 degrees 'round 3 a.m............... Ya gotta wash your own sheets, tho..........

I have one of those Jack Daniels distillery type thermometers the kind they drop into the barrel to check temps. I'm assuming its pretty accurate. Anyway ,yesterday I had it in my quail pen that's in the shade . Went out to check it & it was reading 110. That's in the shade. It's hotter than three hells with a lid on it.

In the car it says it was 102....guess I have my own still air set up
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom